Omitir los comandos de cinta
Saltar al contenido principal

Market Participants

Market Closed 09-19-2019 09:31 AM GMT -03:00

CCLV, Central Counterparty

CCLV Central Counterparty is a subsidiary of the Santiago Exchange and aims to manage the clearing and settlement of financial instruments. The CCLV acts as central counterparty for the equities and derivatives markets, providing clearing and settlement services. As a clearinghouse of financial instruments, the CCLV provides these same services for fixed-income, money market and simultaneous operations markets. As a result, the CCLV facilitates transaction settlements and provides greater levels of financial security for capital market participants.

The CCLV has three committees for monitoring and analyzing processes:

Audit Committee: Monitors compliance with the CCLV Operating Rules.

Disciplinary Committee: Proposes to the board of directors sanctions and/or penalties to be applied to settlement agents and/or indirect settlement agents for violating the CCLV Operating Rules.

Risk Committee: Evaluates and proposes improvements to management policies and risk control programs administered by the CCLV systems.


  • CCLV, Central Counterparty is a subsidiary of Santiago Exchange company, which owns 97.12% of the company, with stockbrokers holding the remaining 2.88%.
  • Takes into consideration international standards on financial risk and settlement of financial instruments and cash.​



Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is a material event?

    A material event is a report that the SVS provides to the market and the community in general with all the relevant information of overseen entities from the stock market and insurance market, among others. All entities registered in the Securities Registry must disclose accurate and timely information about their businesses and securities, where "material" is understood to be all information considered relevant for investment decisions of individuals. 

  • What law regulates the securities market?

    The law regulating the proper functioning of the market is the Securities Market Law 18,045. 

  • How can I contact a stock broker?

    Contacting a stock broker is very simple. You may visit their offices or send an email to contact an account executive. They can offer advice and make market transactions based on the investor’s instructions. 

  • What is the settlement process?

    The settlement process includes settling outstanding balances and clearing the positions of participants and clients in CCLV, under the principle of delivery upon payment. The process consists of delivering securities and cash from participants and clients with net debit balances and net sales positions to complete their transactions and of transferring securities and cash to participants and clients with net credit balances and net buying positions, provided the parties fulfill their obligations. 

  • Who can be equity issuers on Santiago Exchange?

    Corporations that are registered on the SVS Securities Registry and have submitted an application to list their shares to trade on Santiago Exchange along with the information requested in the Issuer Rights and Obligations Manual. 

  • Who can be fixed-income issuers on Santiago Exchange?

    Corporations that are registered on the SVS Securities Registry, have registered their securities with the SVS and have submitted an application to register their securities or a letter that authorizes Santiago Exchange to trade the instruments issued. The application must be accompanied by the information requested in the Issuer Rights and Obligations Manual. 

  • What are the benefits of being an equity issuer?

    There are multiple benefits of issuing shares. One of the main benefits is access to larger amounts of funding for an indefinite period of time. In addition to having an ongoing company valuation, becoming a regulated entity earns the company prestige. Moreover, separating management from company ownership brings new perspectives to management. 

  • Where can I find information on methodologies to calculate stock indices?

    The Prices and Statistics section of Santiago Exchange’s website < href=>( contains a list of the exchange’s stock indices. Each index has information about its value and an explanatory document that contains key aspects of the company including shareholder composition, among other facts. By clicking on the name of the index, a page opens detailing the calculation methodology of the selected index. 

  • Where can I find information about Santiago Exchange’s products?

    The Products and Services section of the website contains information about all the products offered by Santiago Exchange. Additionally, you can contact the exchange directly at 

Customer Service

+562 2 3993000

ISO Certificates