We seek to safeguard the development of a sustainable, reliable, secure and transparent capital market that meets international standards, strengthen institutional regulations and offer our customers excellent services and products.
- Promote and strengthen sustainability practices in the securities market.
- Strengthen and promote the development of sustainability indices, as well as dissemination and participation of listed companies.
- Disseminate the implications of sustainability to investors and support them in incorporating ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues into decision-making and investment practices.
- Promote responsible investment and encourage the incorporation of sustainable processes in the practices of companies that participate in the country's capital market, contributing to the creation of business value.
- Develop and strengthen education programs that favor the inclusion and active participation of the community and current and future investors in the capital market.
- Promote responsible investment principles, favoring the financial and extra-financial information disclosure of listed companies.
- Develop and maintain alliances that strengthen and mobilize the integration of sustainable management and responsible investment practices in companies.
- To promote good practices of corporate governments among Santiago Exchange issuers.
- Guarantee the excellence and continuity of the exchange trading systems with the highest standards of quality and safety.
Recommendations for Issuers
In its role as a promoter of best practices in stock market sustainability, Santiago Exchange undertakes an array of initiatives to promote and facilitate timely, accurate delivery of information by issuers and, at the same time, encourage responsible investment on our stock market.
Similarly, Santiago Exchange has taken it upon itself to improve the transparency of the stock market and enhance the flow of information that issuers provide their investors. To do so, it has drafted recommendations for issuers listed on Santiago Exchange. After analyzing worlwide best practices, which involve regulating exchanges as well as local and international issuers, Santiago Exchange issued series of recommendations grouped into three categories: stock market operations, financial matters and relations between companies and investors.
To learn about other sustainability initiatives for our issuers, click here.
DJSI Chile, the First Local Sustainability Index
Sustainability indeces make possible to identify companies with good overall performance in environmental, social and corporate governance matters. They also provide financial incentive for incorporating sustainable and socially responsible processes at companies that take part in the market and create an environment of responsible investment consistent with society's demands.
The addition of a sustainability index to Santiago Exchange's current family of indeces is an important milestone in the modernization and international expansion of our market indicators, adoption of international standards and compliance with the high demands of the stock market.
Guide to Responsible Investment
The Guide to Responsible Investment, a Santiago Exchange initiative in partnership with EY, is designed to explain the implications of sustainability for investors and help them integrate ESG matters into investment decisions and practices.
To review the guide, click here
Sustainability Reporting Guide
This guide provides insight into the benefits of ESG reporting for issuers, as well as guidance on navigating the reporting process so that they may effectively and credibly disclose ESG information to investors.
As part of its commitment as a Sustainable Stock Exchange, Santiago Exchange participated in the 2015 working group to develop a Sustainability Reporting Guide. It also committed to producing a Sustainability Reporting Guide for local issuers.
To see the guide, click here